- Customer Reviews (0)
This issue is Part 1 of a series featuring the 1950s (in honor of the 1950 Census, recently released). Most of this issue covers the first five years of the decade: 1950-1954 in an extensive article entitled “The Fabulous (and Far-Reaching) Fifties”.
● 1950 - The McCarthy Era, The Korean War, A Retail Empire is Born, Good Ol’ Charlie Brown, The First Supper, The Great Appalachian Storm of 1950
● 1951 - Goodbye Doug, Hello Ike, Treason!
● 1952 - We Like Ike, Operation Big Shot, 1952 Cost of Living
● 1953 - Abhorring War – Deterring Aggression – Defending Freedom; Hope on the Horizon; Rosenbergs Executed; A Cold War Heating Up; In Living Color
● 1954 - Rockin’ Around the Clock; Separate But Unequal No More
I have thoroughly enjoyed researching and writing this issue. I assumed I knew a lot about the 1950s, but found I didn’t know nearly as much as I thought I did! What a fascinating (fabulous and far-reaching) decade it was. I hope you find it informative as well.