Let’s just call this a “pandemic special”, shall we? Digging History is offering a special deal to try out it’s bi-monthly digital publication, Digging History Magazine, at a generous 25% discount. The deal is on now through April 10, 2020:
- A special non-recurring one-year subscription for $24 (6 bi-monthly issues). At the end of your one-year subscription you will receive an email inviting you to continue subscribing at the regular rate of $32.00 per year (choose yearly, quarterly or semi-annual subscription), although there is absolutely no obligation to re-subscribe. All I ask is that you try it for one year.
- There’s a bonus too! Sign-up for this special one-year subscription and I’ll send you a list of past issues so you may choose two additional issues, yours for purchasing this special offer. That’s EIGHT issues which normally sell for $5.99 each for only $24 (plus 8.25% sales tax for Texas residents).
The first issue you will receive is the January-February 2020 issue. Note: the March-April issue will be out in the next few weeks, hopefully by April 15. The new issue has been delayed in part to this “pandemic kerfuffle” which has thrown a monkey wrench into my normal research/writing schedule.
The January-February issue is the biggest one yet with over 140 pages of articles and complete documentation (no advertisements). This issue features a unique history of the U.S. Census (1790-1940), plus an array of other topics of interest to history lovers and genealogists alike. You’ll be amazed at some of the stories generated by the decennial censuses through the years! The featured articles are as follows:
- Since it’s the census
- Mining the 1880 Census Mother Lode
- Up in Smoke: 1890 and Genealogy’s “Black Hole” (or is it?)
- What in Blue Blazes . . . happened to my ancestor’s deed/marriage/census record?
- The So-Called Calendar Riots and Modern Day Genealogical Research
- Getting Knocked Up (a queer English custom)
- OK, I Give up . . . What is it? (Did my ancestors ever violate intercourse(!) laws?)
- True Grit: Heck Thomas and Sam Sixkiller
- And more!
I hope you’ll check it out and consider this special deal. Hey, it will give you something to do besides trying to keep from touching your face, right? And, just think . . . it’s a digital magazine and you won’t have to worry about remembering to avoid licking your fingers to turn the page either! 🙂
Seriously though, please be safe and well. God Bless!
Sharon Hall, Editor/Publisher/Writer/Graphic Designer, Digging History Magazine