Mothers of Invention: Sarah E. Goode (Cabinet Bed)

She was born Sarah Jacobs to parents Oliver and Harriet Jacobs of Toledo, Ohio in approximately 1855.

This article was recently updated with new information, sources and footnotes (the previous version on this web site was NOT sourced) and is available here for $1.49ย  as a PDF download.ย  For a modest fee you will find essential information to write a story about Sarah E. Goode and her cabinet bed.

ย

18 Comments

1. thank you i got some info for my project

• I hope you got an A! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Yeah I have a project too.This helped me a lot.

2. Hey, thanks.

• you are welcome we couldnt have done it without sarah e goode

• Darrion what are u doing and i put out all my hopes to sarah e goode i just bough me an folding cabinet bed and it is so lovely thx to sarah i have storage and a folding bed even thou i have a kind sized bed i love this bed and thus is my sons black history month project thx sarah๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜‡

3. Thanks!! Great info for my daughters project!!

• Awesome! Always happy to pass on some unique history to the young ones.

4. thanks my project is due in 2 days and I needed this

• Hope you get an A! ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Thank you for the information this will be perfect for my African American Report due Jan.26, 2017

• Good luck with your report — be sure to use citations ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Hey is there a quote that you would say about Sara e good or what do you think of her ? My sister needs this for her project.

7. Same, I had a biography project due

8. Ugh i need to pay

• Thanks for stopping by. Digging History is being converted to a digital download format. Various articles will be available for a nominal cost, as well as a monthly digital magazine. Just follow the link to purchase the article for $1.49. It has actually been updated from the previous version with footnotes and source. Much easier to write your paper I’d say!

9. I see two pictures of Sarah when I Google her picture. Which one is the authentic Sarah. One looks like a stern school teacher which they placed next to the desk drawing. The other is a brown tone woman standing with her arm leaning on a piece of furniture. Please be so kind to confirm which one is Sarah, I need it for a historical project. thanks

• I don’t think I’ve ever seen either of those pictures. The article here has been taken down and is now sold as an individual article at the Digging History Magazine Site ($1.99). The article has a picture I found and article has sources. Here’s the link if you’re interested in purchasing: https://www.digginghistorymag.com/2018/01/25/sarah-e-goode-article-only/

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. I Know February is Black History Month . . . | Digging History - […] (and itโ€™s a good one!) received hundreds of views during February and beyond โ€“ the story about Sarah E.…
  2. Best Rollaway Bed Reviews 2017 - […] of the first designs were created to be multi purposeful and would fold up during the day into writing…